That week long CNY agenda....

Should I count myself lucky when everyone is hesitating to get off from bed, rushing out to work while I'm still on my Chinese New Year holiday? Maybe I should. I still have like few hours left till tomorrow. But at least I could skipped & escaped the Monday blues right? :)

Since I haven't been blogging lately, excuse me. I have tons to say it out here. This is going to be a sums up to what happened during my Chinese New Year holidays. It's a bit long, so just bear with it.

Let's start with my weekend on the 29th of January. The cousins started out their journey early on a Saturday. Breakfast was in Tamparuli. Love having my chow mein there! Tamparuli or Tuaran noodle is the best! Someone from that area should cook me that dish. I ain't kidding. Or maybe I should stick to Daddy's Tamparuli/Tuaran noodle instead. Heehe :p So after having breakfast, we continued our long drive to Kundasang, the place where the Mount Kinabalu is located. & finally checked into a resort before getting ready to attend a friend's wedding reception. I was there 2 weeks back, and I've noticed that it was extra breezy & cooler. When we got to the hotel where the luncheon wedding reception was, I wished I wasn't wearing a dress since it was too cold. Damn, we were freezing! But it was all good & I enjoyed myself! So happy to see that a childhood finally tied the knot.


Later that evening, we had a mini photo-shooting at the resort we were staying. But the weather did not help that much. It started drizzling. The mist was too thick. It continued to rained the next morning left our hearts going home with a sigh.

That doesn't mean we had a bad time. It was an awesome karaoke session after dinner. And that night ended with 'Wonderful Tonight'.

30th of January 2011

Arrived home from Kundasang that late afternoon and immediately knocked down, yeah, we were all so tired from the late night we had. Had the longest nap ever before getting ready to Baby Will's fullmoon, my first White Kadazan nephew, in Mayflower Restaurant with the whole family later that night.

31st January 2011

Pre -Chinese New Year family gathering at my grandparent's place. Lots of ang pows makes me happy! This is the time I'm glad I'm not married yet. Might as well enjoy while it last before it's my turn to give out ang pows in the future. Heehe :p

2nd February 2011

Mini Chinese New Year gathering at my parent's place. Home-cooked dishes & potluck. Karaoke sessions. Dancing in the moonlight. The 'fire crackers' night. Awesome. My bonding time with lil cousin Ayra, we got to play our own 'pillow' game. Feels like a kid again... ;)

4th February 2011

Second day of Chinese New Year.

First off to Coffee Bean, then Inanam's Giant, then Menggatal town and finally Chinese New Year dinner party at Lot 100, Aunty Lolly's place. It was my very first time here. Love her cosy English-style small house & the home-cooked meal was delicious! I simply love the stew the most, yummy! And what a nice night to just chill with the kids watching Hachiko on Astro, snacking CNY goodies & drinking Heineken while the others were busy playing gin rummy...And did I forgot about the guys busy with their guitars outside too? Haha :P


6th February 2011

Attended Aunt Rita & Uncle Marcus 's 41st Wedding Anniversary reception at Grand Port View. So happy to be part of the beautiful occasion. The band, 6ixband did an awesome job as usual & those cute, adorable kids are so talented at such young age! It makes me feel so good to be surrounded with happy-go-lucky people and I love all of them like my own family.

And after the party, I think I had the longest phone conversation ever. OMyGC! It's been awhile. Beat that. Nuff' said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th June 2012

Who won the CLEO Most Eligible Bachelor 2010 (Malaysia)?

I've been turning the frequency toO loud til it felt like I've been hit by a cannon....