Malaysia : It’s a Love Story



(Post written for www.themalaysiapage.com. )

This is a story of mine.
A story to be shared to everyone.

Being born and bred as a Malaysian, I have always been in love with my own country. As a child, I used to travel with my immediate family members around Malaysia, well to be precise, cover most parts of Sabah already. Personally speaking, I have always love the adventures and appreciate the lushes greenery that we are truly blessed with. Yes, I am a Sabahan who has spent most her entire life here.

And if you ask me….why do I love Malaysia?

The Place

It is a wonderful place to live in. Though sometimes I have to admit that I complain about why do we not have a winter season. But I learn to accept more to that.

There is no doubt that Malaysia do not have a four season weather like other countries do. Hot, sunny and rainy days the whole year. But the good thing is we do not have to worry when we can do our favorite things. We can do it almost every single day! Things like lazing out at the beach reading book while on your is sure a bliss to me! As a matter of fact there is more things to do than that. You can opt for island hopping, jungle trekking and mountain climbing just to name a few.

What better place to live in?
This is where I would rather be. Home is where the heart is.

The People

With so many different cultures, backgrounds and languages, Malaysian strive for peace and harmony between each other to maintain it’s no war environment. Friendly people with their warm smile never fail to greet you reflect the heartwarming hospitality. People here enjoy hanging out with friends at the hawker & mamak stalls on the street. And I like it when people in different races & religion can come together to celebrate one festival. Children will receive ang pow packets on Chinese New Year and duit raya on Hari Raya day.


The Food

Comes to my favorite things to write on top of all. Satay, ketupat, rendang, roti canai are among my favorite food. There are like all sort of food served here. Different types of cuisine. The taste of unique and exotic delicacy, I am sure you would not want to miss it for the world. Cities in Malaysia offer rich array of local, oriental, western and continental foods as well. Do I even need to say more?

My Hometown & Favourite Destination

No matter how far I’ve travel outside Malaysia, my hometown Sabah is still the best place. Once a small town to everyone. Now has become a developing state, a thriving commercial centre and holiday destination. Large shopping malls and hotels can easily be found scattered around. The place where I could enjoy the sandy beach around. Eating fresh seafood here is affordable too.

And my favorite destination will be Kundasang/ Kinabalu Park in Sabah. This is also where Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Malaysia is located. With its cool climate and beautiful nature surroundings, foreigners and tourists come from all over the world to visit, explore and enjoy the beauty it has to offer. Fresh local fruits and vegetables can be found along the road streets.

************************************************************************

I would certainly love to say more but it will surely be a never ending story.
I hope this is good enough to share my love.
But do remember this my country…

Malaysia, I am still in love with you!

Written By:
Eudora.M.Manggala

Comments

Unknown said…
hey there thanks for joining this. its nice to see what others share on beloved malaysia.... indeed, its home :)

Popular posts from this blog

8th June 2012

Who won the CLEO Most Eligible Bachelor 2010 (Malaysia)?

I've been turning the frequency toO loud til it felt like I've been hit by a cannon....