Star of her own & The Ariez

I sang this song once, record it and sent.
That was actually my first time & I got addicted to doing that daily.
I love that song so much I could memorize the lyrics in an instant, each word meant something. And it has become my lullaby each night ever since.

One particular song caught my attention and I remember watching it on Youtube almost every day and I actually got active again on my Reverbnation account just because of this. It was put on repeat mode. And Oh boy, I didn't realize I've been on that site for such a long time now.

*shy*

And that lullaby I would love to call mine is actually by a local Sabahan band called The Ariez. Before this, I swear I've heard of them but I never really care of their existence till a friend told me that he was in that band. That friend of mine will be remain anonymous.


Photo credit : Radzie Rahman of Seri Gaya Studio


The Ariez current line-up is from left to right Nuar, Don, Sarin, Prop (Middle), Gary & Rojan. I'm just gonna mention them by their nick name and not by their full name, is not that I don't know hey! :P You guys go figure it out ey?

Is it fate or coincidence that their original band name The Aries as in Aries, the horoscope is my birth zodiac as well? Wow, maybe this band is fated with me.

Truth to be told, I have never met them personally or even see them perform until recently. I have missed a lot, I've turned down some of the invitation but that doesn't mean I care less. You know that right? And with constant conversation & support and promoting them on the net, I got to know these guys just a little bit more & their manager Angel as well. The wonders of social networking, so wonderful and powerful.

On the 1st May 2011, thanks for the company of my cuzzy sister, although I hesitate at first but I went anyway. Finally met them all in person. First time. Since I've told the manager that I'm going to take my vcd and maybe surprise them there. Which I ended up calling Rojan anyways! But thanks to him for saying hi first, cause I don't think I have the guts for the first time. :)

So who are they exactly?
Allow me to introduce them in my personal notes.....

Let's start with Nuar. :)
He is this friendly, tall and lanky guy who plays the keyboard. This good looking fella looks a bit Chinese to me at first glance. Plus he has a fair skin as well. And I like it when you can easily talk to someone when you never met that person before. Or it's probably his sense of humour. :P

Don, the lead guitarist and the leader of the band. I don't really get talk much with him but he is one talented guy behind all this, the band Ariez and the production.

Sarin, the drummer who I never get to talk to in person. Too bad cause he had to rush every time the show's over. But at least, he had the effort to drop by and say hello on chat.

Prop the vocalist, has the voice to die for. It's no wonder every female in Kota Kinabalu will fall in love with him every time he sang a song. Cause I know it melts my heart now & then. Well only with his voice lah. But yeah, I have to admit I would love to try to do a Tagalog song duet with him....If I could, given the chance. Can I ? :D

Gary the other guitarist of the band. The guy who would just smile and be calm in whatever situation he's facing. He's that cool one I would say. Looks mysterious but not really. Heh! :p

Rojan the bassist, the cute friendly guy in town. Heehee. This happy go lucky guy never fail to make me smile. He could be my partner in crime. Why? Cause he can be as crazy as me. And he is the first guy in the band who I think I've known for a long time.

And why I the Ariez?

I have a thing or two about bands that wrote their own stuff and produced too. I know I don't usually listen to Malay songs (someone would have known this) but I was so surprised myself that this band actually got me attached. Is it the Indon influence to it? I'm not sure but I almost every songs on their Reverbnation. And now that I got their cd, I can't resist playing it all over again! I'm not saying this because I'm paid coz I'm not & just because a friend is in it. This is an honest opinion and I'd like you all to know that. Heehee ;)

Ok think that's it for now,
More on them again next time!

Much


For more information about them :

The Ariez Official Facebook Page
The Ariez on Reverbnation
The Ariez on MySpace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th June 2012

Who won the CLEO Most Eligible Bachelor 2010 (Malaysia)?

I've been turning the frequency toO loud til it felt like I've been hit by a cannon....